Guest WiFi Internet and Intranet Usage
Life Foursquare Church provides a wireless network for short-term access that is accessible to campus guests with compatible wireless devices. This wireless service may be unencrypted. Only current guests of Life Foursquare Church may use this service. By using this service, you represent that you are currently a guest of Life Foursquare Church and acknowledge that you have read all of the terms and conditions of this agreement, understand them, and agree to be legally bound by them.
Life Foursquare Church WiFi Terms and Conditions of Use
Welcome to the guest wireless high-speed Internet access system at Life Foursquare Church. These "Terms and Conditions of Use", govern your rights and responsibilities and our rights and responsibilities relating to the use of the Life Foursquare Church WiFi.
Acceptance of Terms and Conditions of Use
By accessing the Life Foursquare Church WiFi, you represent that:
1. You have read, understand and agree to the terms of this agreement
2. You are at least 13 years of age.
If you do not agree to the terms of this Agreement, or if you are not 13 years of age or older, you may not use the Life Foursquare Church WiFi. Your use of Life Foursquare Church WiFi signifies your acceptance of this Agreement.
Description of Wi-Fi System/Service Availability
Life Foursquare Church will provide access to Life Foursquare Church WiFi at locations ("Enabled Locations") that have been equipped with wireless access points. Access points or Enabled Locations may not be available in all areas of Life Foursquare Church, and may not always be operational. The guest wireless network may be subject to restricted bandwidth, periodic maintenance, unforeseen downtime, and limited availability. Guest wireless access is provided as a free service on an "as is" basis with no guarantee of service.
Access to Internet
Life Foursquare Church does not screen or restrict access to any content placed on or accessible through the Internet. Life Foursquare Church also does not screen or restrict communications between parties via the Internet. You acknowledge that if you access the Internet you may receive or be exposed to content, goods, or services which you consider to be improper, inaccurate, misleading, defamatory, obscene, or otherwise offensive. You agree that Life Foursquare Church is not liable for any action or inaction with respect to any such content on the Internet accessible through the Life Foursquare Church WiFi.
Use of Life Foursquare Church WiFi is undertaken at the user's own risk.
You must (1) provide all equipment (including computer hardware and software, wireless network cards, etc.) to connect to the Life Foursquare Church WiFi, (2) comply with local, state, federal and international laws and regulations, including but not limited to copyright and intellectual property rights laws.
You agree to be responsible for and to bear all risk and consequences for (1) the accuracy, completeness, reliability and/or usefulness of any content available through the Life Foursquare Church WiFi and (2) all communications that you send or receive via the Life Foursquare Church WiFi. Life Foursquare Church does not undertake the security of any data you send through the Life Foursquare Church WiFi, and it is your responsibility to secure such data.
Life Foursquare Church assumes no responsibility for the safety of equipment or device configurations, security, or data files resulting from connection to the Life Foursquare Church WiFi or the Internet, nor liability for any damages to hardware, software, or data, however caused. It is the responsibility of the user to protect their wireless devices through use of up-to-date virus protection, personal firewall and any other suitable measures.
Life Foursquare Church staff will NOT assume any responsibility for personal hardware configurations, security, or changes to data files resulting from connection to Life Foursquare Church WiFi. It is recommended that users make a backup copy of any settings before configuring their equipment for use on Life Foursquare Church WiFi.
Acceptable Use Policy
All users of Life Foursquare Church WiFi must comply with this Acceptable Use Policy (AUP). This AUP is intended to prevent unacceptable uses of the Life Foursquare Church network. Life Foursquare Church does not actively monitor the use of the WiFi System under normal circumstances.
The Life Foursquare Church provided Internet and Intranet access may not be used at any time for:
- Transmitting, retrieving or storing any communication of a discriminatory or harassing nature, or materials that are offensive, obscene or x-rated. Examples of offensive, obscene or x-rated materials include but are not limited to: items, either pictures, movies or text, which describe or depict nudity, sexual activity, sexual offenses against individuals or other situations involving a sex act, or which describe or depict other bodily functions or situations which are inappropriate in business setting.
- Knowingly transferring or allowing to be transferred textual or graphical material commonly considered child pornography.
- Any purpose which is illegal, or is against state or church policy.
- Raising funds for political candidates or issues, promoting political candidates in any way, or promoting personal political issues.
- Gathering information for furtherance of a crime.
- Using resources to create, access, download, or disperse derogatory, racially offensive, sexually offensive, harassing, threatening or discriminatory materials.
- Downloading, installing, or running security programs or utilities which reveal weaknesses in the security of Life Foursquare Church’s network or computer resources.
- Circumventing or attempting to circumvent logon procedures, and security regulations, or exceeding the system's capacity limits by downloading excessive materials.
- The use of computing facilities, User IDs, or computer data for purposes other than those for which they are intended or authorized.
- Breaking into another user's email or unauthorized personnel reading someone else's email without permission.
- Sending fraudulent electronic transmissions, including but not limited to statements intended to mislead the receiver and are known to be untrue, fraudulent requests for confidential information, fraudulent submission of electronic purchase requisitions or journal vouchers, or fraudulent electronic authorization of purchase requisitions or journal vouchers.
- Violating any software license agreement or copyright, including copying or redistributing copyrighted computer software, data, or reports without proper, recorded authorization.
- Taking advantage of another user's naiveté or negligence to gain access to any User ID, data, software, or file that is not your own and for which you have not received explicit authorization to access.
- Physically interfering with other users' access to the Life Foursquare Church’s computing facilities.
- Encroaching on or disrupting others' use of the Life Foursquare Church’s shared network resources by creating unnecessary network traffic; interfering with connectivity to the network; modifying system facilities, operating systems, or disk partitions without authorization; attempting to crash or tie up a computer; damaging or vandalizing computing facilities, equipment, software, or computer files.
- Reading other users' data, information, files, or programs on a display screen, as printed output, or via electronic means, without the owner's explicit permission.
Copyright Issues: All users must honor copyright laws regarding protected commercial software or intellectual property (including photos, music and videos). Duplicating, transmitting, or using software, music, videos, etc., not in compliance with license agreements is considered copyright infringement. Unauthorized use of copyrighted materials or another person's original writings is considered copyright infringement. Users may download copyright material from the Internet, but its use must be strictly within the agreement as posted by the author or current copyright law.
For quality assurance purposes, Life Foursquare Church reserves the right to:
- Block internet services such as Peer-to-Peer and streaming video services
- Monitor usage of Life Foursquare Church WiFi for quality assurance purposes
- Limit bandwidth on Life Foursquare Church WiFi
- Take any additional measures deemed necessary by Life Foursquare Church in its sole discretion
Life Foursquare Church may cooperate with legal authorities and/or third parties in the investigation of any suspected or alleged crime or civil wrong. Violation of this AUP may result in the suspension or termination of your access to Life Foursquare Church WiFi.